CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A New Leaf...

So I'm a new person.
I finally decided that I needed to be healthier. Yes, while Chick-fil-a milkshakes do contain a daily dose of calcium and Willy's burritos do have some vegetables and protein....I wasn't happy with what the scale was telling me.

I've started working out every day...I haven't missed a day in over 2 weeks...and I mean really working out...weights, eliptical for over an hour, and spin class!

And I love it! I love working out...I actually look forward to getting off of work and heading to the gym. Who knew the gym could be fun?

And....

I haven't taken a nap in 2 weeks. I LOVE NAPS! They are my favorite thing in the world, only second to eating. Actually, I think I prefer sleeping over eating. But they weren't doing much good.

I read an article about how you can lose 10+ pounds just by getting at least 7.5 hours of sleep a night. And I thought I'd give it a try. I've been in bed every night at 10 o'clock. I feel great!

And I gave up caffeine. No more Diet Dr. Pepper to start of my day. I used a coupon at Subway last night and had to buy a drink. I gave the cup to the lady behind me in line and just drank my bottled water. She was so excited to get a free drink, and I didn't even miss the soft drinks.

Anyway, hopefully soon you won't recognize me. I've lost 8 pounds already and am feeling better than ever. Hopefully the hard work will pay off and I'll be able to stick with it. If you see me start to drink a Coke or take a nap...remind me I need to be going to the gym instead.

I'll keep you updated, but hopefully this is the new Rachel.

0 comments: