CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Treats

When I lived in LaGrange I loved getting baskets from Creative Call-ins. http://www.creativecallins.citymax.com/home.html

They make the best cheese petals and orange blossoms ever!

The only problem is, I don't live in LaGrange and its about $3.50 for a dozen. I'm hosting a bridal shower in a few weeks and wanted cheese petals and orange blossoms so I thought I'd try to make them myself. I can make alot more for alot less money.

Here are the recipes:

ORANGE BLOSSOMS

3 eggs
1 1/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
1 1/2 c. sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix above ingredients together. Bake in junior muffin pans, putting 1 teaspoon batter in each cup. Bake approximately 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Yields 65 to 70 little blossoms.

GLAZE:

1 1/4 lb. sugar
Juice and grated rind of 2 oranges
Juice of 2 lemons and grated rind of 1 lemon

While still hot, dip in above glaze mixture. Cool on rack. One box of ready mix cake mixture can be used instead of above cake ingredients (yellow cake mix).



CHEESE STRAWS

1/4 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated
1 c. flour
1/2 c. butter
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. paprika

Mix all together thoroughly. Roll or cut into straw shapes. bake 12 minutes at 350 degrees.


I'll let you know how they turn out.

0 comments: